15 Stupid Things People Have Done in Their 20s That Prove That Smartness Only Kicks in with Age
When does someone truly become an adult? Is it at the age of 18, when the law recognizes us as full-fledged individuals with newfound privileges? Or is it a gradual process that spans our early and mid-20s? These questions along with the notion of personal growth and maturity have sparked a captivating discussion on the Reddit thread started by @u/ALLEYWAYwithanS who asked, "What’s the stupid thing you’ve done in your 20s?". People responded candidly to the question, sharing their deepest regrets and the blunders they have made in the early years of adulting. It's a raw and vulnerable exploration of personal growth as individuals reflect on pivotal moments and contemplate whether they have truly "grown up." Prepare to be captivated by the genuine, introspective and hilarious revelations that unfold in these 15 posts we have shortlisted from the thread. One thing that becomes abundantly clear as we navigate the diverse perspectives shared in this thread is that people have their own timelines when it comes to maturing and the markers of adulthood are far from universal.
1. The Boozy Odyssey: From 20s haze to sobering success in the 30s and 40s!
2. Former party animal finds sobriety
3. The unofficial guide to becoming a human hermit when life throws a tantrum
4. Grades to shade
5. Unplanned parenthood and matrimonial misery
6. A bipolar comedy of missed opportunities and frequent thoughts
7. A wild ride to 24
8. Twenty-something sports betting enthusiast ponders life choices
9. From first date to forever? Think again
10. Man longingly pines for ex, resigns to forever alone status
11. Buyer to behind bars
12. Adventurous amnesiac embarks on hilarious hide-and-seek expedition in enchanting New Zealand!
13. How to single-handedly tank your credit score and still sleep soundly
14. Three years of mediocre commitment
15. Drug dilemmas and sober shenanigans!