An itch can drive anyone mad!
Ron, the bull, had an itch. Ron, the bull, wanted to scratch. But Ron, the bull, plunged 700 homes into darkness. It's true, a four-year-old bull East Shawtonhill Farm in the Scottish town of Chapelton rubbed itself against an electrical pole causing a malfunction and three villages (700 homes) were plunged into darkness at 11 in the night.
As reported by Evening Standard, such was the consequence of its itchy bum that the electricity could not be restored till 4 in the morning. Fortunately, the bull was lucky enough to not get electrocuted and appeared safe and satisfied after the incident.
Hazel Laughton, the owner of the farm and the bull wrote on her Facebook page: "Our bull Ron would like to apologise to everyone in Chapelton and Strathaven for causing last nights power cut to over 700 homes.
She added: "He had a itchy bum so scratched it on the electricity pole and knocked the transformer box off. He's just happy to be alive this morning after somehow escaping 11,000 volts and a large bump on the head! Think we will rename him 'Sparky'!" Well, Hazel, we can understand. An itchy bum can be quite a pain in the a**.