"You will always remain a baby to us, regardless of how old you get." This sentence is 100 percent true for almost every adult because somehow parents think their kids never grow up. The emotion is an extension of their love for the offspring and even at 30 or 40, they worry about petty stuff like if they have eaten well, wearing enough warm clothes on a cold winter day and hanging out with the wrong people among other things.
For most of us, this feeling is suffocating and our natural response to it is frustration. But did you know there is a term for this? 'Infantilization.' "Infantilization happens when an adult is treated like a child. It occurs when parents refuse to allow their children to grow up or let them decide for themselves. This happens when people do not adjust their parenting or accommodate their child's current level of maturity," per Better Help. Our caregivers are sometimes so funny that we goof up so to raise a toast to the parent-kid equation, here's a relatable collection of 25 hilarious and wholesome images of when parents went a bit too far.
1. A dinosaur bedsheet
2. By a 90-year-old mom
3. Scarf stitched by mom
4. Mom: "No space for a Christmas tree? I got you."
5. Dad's gift.
my dad couldn’t breathe when he handed me this in a gift bag just on the floor laughing tears in his eyes pic.twitter.com/xwf0YeKu6X— melissa lozada-oliva (@ellomelissa) December 26, 2021
6. Parents waited for 35 years to gift him a skateboard
7. Mother's gift for her mining engineer son
8. Never too old for baby pics
9. Same outfit, different age.
10. Easter package from Mom.
11. Blanket by a talented mom
12. Advert calendar by dad full of candies
13. Dad lays out his toys on every birthday
14. Mother's cryptic Easter gift
15. Super Mario gift at 22
16. "How dumb do my parents think I am"
17. Room of a 33-year-old on Christmas
18. Christmas present for a 25-year-old
19. Dad dyeing eggs when no kids are at home
20. Mom's gift for a 33-year-old
21. Mom kept all converse pairs of 14 years
22. Same gift at age 1 and 31.
23. Mother's day photo, years apart.
24. Gift from mom at age 25