Almost everyone has that one vintage item that they’ve been using forever. It’s usually either passed down from a parent or bought brand new for a premium. When it comes to today’s world of increased consumerism, the motto is “you get what you pay for.” Sometimes it’s better to pay a little bit more for quality that will last than to save a few bucks on something you’ll have to eventually replace.
That certainly seems to be the case for these vintage items that somehow still work just as good as new. Folks on the popular reddit community BuyItForLife shared stories of antique items that still work just as good as the day they were made.
They don’t make them like they used to! That’s for sure.
1. This 1920s vintage stove still works like new and includes six burners, two ovens, and a bread warmer
2. This vintage sewing machine is 100 years old and still kicking
3. Oak Chest. Storing Family Shit Since 1682. Lock Still Working
4. This cast iron skillet is 80 years old. We’re just impressed they figured out the best way to clean it!
5. This person saved a ton of money by rehabbing an old KitchenAid mixer. Now it can just sit on their kitchen cabinet as a glorified decoration!
6. WWII Frigidaire refrigerator that lasted longer than Nazi Germany
7. This 50-year-old coat still looks just as fresh as back in the day, and still gets the ladies’ attention
8. 97-year-old pen that’s pretty cool. But let’s be realistic. Changing the ink on this thing is probably annoying!
9. Hypebeasts will appreciate the fades on this 136 year old pair of Levi’s that were found in a mine
10. Who needs a Nintendo Switch Lite when you have the original Gameboy
11. This 30-year-old car has 247,000 miles on it. Good luck trading it in!
12. Twenty year old boots that probably stink like shit!
13. This Thermos has Spaghettios in it every day from 1970 to 2018!
14. This waffle maker from the 1920s is awesome but definitely a fire hazard
15. Looks like something from Urban Outfitters but it’s 60 years old
16. 120 year old coffee grinder for folks who still grind their own coffee for some reason
17. “This Used To Wake Me Up For School In The 5th Grade. I’m 39 Now“
Damn that’s awesome dude but are you still in 5th Grade? That’s a huge problem!