25 Times Star-Struck Fans Were Fooled by Celeb Lookalikes and Posed With Them For Photos
Declaring you are a celebrity can actually turn you into a temporary celebrity in your little world. And if by accident you look like a star, you can easily trick others into believing you. If you are either a Tom Cruise or a Morgan Freeman lookalike, chances are people will mistake you for the real one. Now, you have two options: to reveal your true identity or cash in on the opportunity and live your own celebrity moment. The fun starts when star-struck fans are so lost that they cannot figure out the difference between real stars and their doppelgangers and flaunt selfies or pictures with them on social media.
Lately, we stumbled upon hilarious stories from people who shared their memorable encounters with fake celebs. In rare moments, celebrities respond to these false encounters and poke fun at the posts. Here are 25 times people thought they met celebrities when in reality they were meeting their lookalikes.
1. The man is famous as Tom Cruise in a small town in Thailand.
2. Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg?
3. The odds of finding Robert Downey Jr. in a small Texas mall?
4. Nah, that's not him
Uhh hate to break it to ya buddy.... pic.twitter.com/ftWhHLk9fD— Maisie Williams (@Maisie_Williams) May 28, 2015
5. Not sure if that's Jake Gyllenhaal
6. A homeless George RR Martin
7. Peter Dinklage bought what?
8. Pleasure meeting you, hahaha
RT @ye4hbruh: i told him i love his odd future stuff & he said 'huh' haha @fucktyler it was a pleasure meeting you pic.twitter.com/k1YYdBaNtA— FlakoTaco 🤓 (@FlakoTaco) June 30, 2013
9. Many Morgan Freemans out there.
BEEN A YEAR TODAY since she thought she met ed sheeran💙💙💙 @shoapyrebecca pic.twitter.com/2RKdJDDIvc— 𝔢𝔪𝔪𝔞 (@EmmaMaxwell97) November 6, 2015
11. Girls insisted he was Andy Samberg
12. 100% Rod Stewart
13. Happens dude
that time i was pretty drunk and thought I ran into Chris Pratt pic.twitter.com/Dtp4HK73dq— J.J. Castillo (@JJCastilloVR) November 22, 2014
14. Meeting Will Smith at the World Cup
#notme pic.twitter.com/Ow6KENCJrq— Ken Jeong (@kenjeong) October 29, 2014
16. Oh no.
17. Bill Murray isn't looking like Bill Murray
19. Not McConaughey
20. Zach Galifianakis, OMG!
21. Are you sure, girl?
I MET NIALL TONIGHT SJDBDJFNFJ pic.twitter.com/iV79RKZB45— Marissa Stacy (@marissaastacy) August 2, 2015
24. Well, she looks happy.
25. "Met Jack Harlow” in Newport, CA this week… this kid had us convinced but we didn’t realize the real Jack is actually 6’3”