20 People Shared Stories of Hanging by a Thread at Their Workplaces | “Sorry Class, My Dog Ate Everyone’s Homework”
We feel incredibly blessed to have a job and earn a living during the recession. However, nobody can deny that every job has its pros and cons and sometimes the cons outweigh the pros.
We all experience tiring, boring, frustrating and outright depressing moments while we work our a** off to meet the ends. We hardly notice the terrible days at work anymore because they have become so normal. Arguments with the boss, a nosy colleague forcing their opinions about our private life, tasteless office food or extended work hours make us feel that the universe has conspired against us. Here's a list of 20 people whose stories highlight that they were having "the worst possible" day at work, and these will perhaps make you feel less alone in your predicament of suffering rough work days.
1. This teacher's dog ate students' homework
2. "Some co-workers wrapped my office in foil. In the process, my 30" LCD monitor was accidentally turned on and it boiled itself." Ouch!
3. Poor waiters
4. All food has gone in just 4 hours
5. Oh well.
My boss deactivated my coworker’s email who just quit too quickly and didn’t realize it controls our company calendar so now all of those events for the next 3 years are 🧚🏼gone🧚🏼— Patsy Cline Official Fan Page (@itkeekz) March 2, 2022
6. Consequences of working in a -10°C lab where I have to wash my hands 40 times a day.
7. 2 hours into a 10-hour shift when a passenger asks if I know about the stowaway on my bus.
8. You don't throw books
9. New guy tried to empty the fryer grease into a plastic bucket.
10. Got laid off today with zero notice, found all my stuff already in a box when I got to work.
12. I collect carts at Walmart. Please stop being lazy and return your cart to where it belongs.
13. All over again?
We have bad days too, but having friends that are willing to help makes it a little easier.— Appleton Police (@AppletonPD_WI) March 25, 2021
Sgt. Vanderheiden got his suspenders stuck in a chair yesterday, but some helpful friends came to the rescue. #baddayatwork pic.twitter.com/GnLuW1Z9OX
15. Come on!
16. "Coworker found a surprise at the bottom of their cup this morning."
17. Whoever is going to clean this, has been cursed
18. "I finished rolling my silverware after an eleven-hour shift, only to have the drawer I loaded it in break and fall to the floor. I’m so done with today."
19. "I'm a night custodian at a high school. This is what the first day of school looks like."