There is a particularly funny corner of the internet where people have permission to be as mean as they can. The subjects of the scorn ask for it. It goes by the name r/RoastMe and it delivers. Why would people ask for insults? Cuz it’s hilarious!
Doesn’t matter if you’re pretty.
Doesn’t matter if you’re a celebrity.
Anyone can throw their own selfie up on the board for the extreme ridicule that is sure to come your way.
1. It’s a place on Reddit called r/RoastMe
2. Rules are simple – ask people to do their worst
3. People can give a lot of details
4. If you mention it in your bio it becomes fair game.
5. Sometimes they’ll roast non-people
6. Sometimes It’s Even Celebrities – Hey, Tommy Chong!
7. 40 something trying dress like 20 something teach me a lesson
8. Roast Me! 24 y/o Swedish
9. About to come home after spending the last 3yrs in the desert. Going to be a freshman in college at 26. Please no jokes about my $40k truck or my 3 divorces. It hurts my feelings.
10. Ten years ago I purchased a $50 Groupon for professional acting headshots. The results were… unfortunate. Please destroy me for this choice.
11. 21F. home from college & my mom is keeping me quarantined in the basement for 14 days until I can interact with her. please roast me 🙂
12. 20 and I draw anime fanart for a living, I’m begging y’all to end my life
13. I’m The Air Guitar World Champion
14. I’m a lonely 4chan dweller, in college for computer engineering. I’m unsuccessfully attempting to fit in with the bitchy girls I’m surrounded with. Roast me.
15. Just got out of jail this morning. welcome me back to the internet.
16. Exes but have been bffs for years. Both grew up LDS. Do your worst.
If you liked this story about people who ask for insults, you might want to read about Absolute Worst Car Stories we found for you.