If you needed another reminder not to be a cocky asshole, then take a look at this list. These folks celebrated their Ws a little too early and ended up taking an L. The reddit thread r/Prematurecelebration is filled with instances of premature celebration and its absolutely hilarious.
Take a look below at some of the subreddit’s finest posts.
1. “Check out my bottle of Johnny Walke….”
Damn he was about to crack open a new bottle but then the bottle cracked on him. Keep that hand on the bottom of the box next time brother. Never get cocky.
2. Spoke too soon
Always a bummer when you post a W on the timeline but end up taking an L.
3. Silicon Valley is always watching
Don’t use a smartphone to pull a dumb scam. It’s never going to work out in your favor.
4. People who work for the IRS are huge nerds
Get a life bro!
5. Don’t feel too bad about this. Everyone got it wrong!
No one could have guessed what was about to go down in 2020. No one.
6. That’s just how they pronounce Mississippi down there
Wonder if the literacy rate is higher than the rate of folks marrying their cousins?
7. Not sure what’s more lame: Rollerblading races or the way this skater lost
Just sad on multiple fronts. Nothing worse than a cocky rollerblader.
8. This did not age well
Hate to get political but she should have seen this L coming a mile away.
9. This driver saw that sign and said “hold my beer”
He must have literally been drinking right before this car accident.
10. Not sure if the 5 Second Rule would apply here
Think they ate it?
11. This semi truck trailer needs an asterisk now
*16 Billion Items
*(minus what’s in this trailer)
12. This is why you never post cooking videos online
Just leave it to the pros.
13. Damn at least he got to see a half hour for free. Check that time stamp.
He’ll just have to finish the rest of the movie once it’s up on Netflix.
14. He said “I would love the IDEA of being married to you”
Wonder how long this “engagement” lasted.
15. Facebook is now the #1 place to learn about people dying
Who needs obituaries anymore when you have Facebook walls?
16. Guessing this guy posted something similar about Gamestop
He should have sold before the dip.
17. Life comes at you fast, huh?
Guessing this machine was outdated as soon they took it out of the box. Kind of like driving a new car off the lot.
18. They knew
Giving the phrase “insider trading” a whole new meaning. Who would want to play in St. Louis anyway?
19. The limo is still parked there
Sorry, Joe. You might have to wait a few more years for that pardon.
20. Never date
Sorry dude that’s what you signed up for.