Woman’s Dentures Hilariously Get Stuck in the Cake She Bites Into During Birthday Celebrations
Evidently, sugar and candy are pretty bad for your pearly teeth. You might think you could treat yourself with all the good sweets once you lose your teeth in old age 'cause dentures wouldn't be at the risk of going bad. You thought wrong. Those fake teeth might also hilariously be at risk of getting attacked by sweets. Well, sweets like candies and cake usually get stuck in our teeth. Let's look at a unique instance where teeth got stuck to sweets. A woman proved that her teeth can be really bad for sweets when her dentures wedged in a cake during a birthday celebration. It was a jaw-dropping instance for sure.
A video clip on TikTok posted by user @moon_vf which crossed 65 million views shows a woman preparing to indulge in a dense decadent chocolate cake during what appears to be her birthday celebration. But to everyone's surprise, while she attempts to bite into the cake, her fake teeth get stuck in the baked good just like one sees in cartoon shows. It must have been embarrassing for the woman but she took it in her stride and she can be seen toothlessly laughing away to glory after the funny incident. That gummy laugh showed no sign of stopping. These ill-fitting dentures can surely inspire the creation of a hilarious story as well as a bad nightmare as they leave a biting mark.
Ironically, this wasn't the first time that someone's fake teeth made it more difficult to eat. An 80-year-old man in China was hospitalized after allegedly swallowing his dentures while eating pancakes in a far less amusing incident in 2019. He got himself checked at the hospital, where the doctors confirmed his diagnosis with scans and removed the false teeth during a two-hour operation. "I ate two buns, then I wanted to eat a pancake. While eating the pancake, I couldn't find my dentures. I needed my teeth to eat the pancake but I couldn't find them. I thought 'Oh no. My teeth fell into my stomach,'" and he was right. The man, identified as Mr. Shang, recalled the incident to the media. A Chinese grandmother in Queens, New York was far less fortunate when she accidentally swallowed her false teeth and they "chewed" through her esophagus. Unfortunately, doctors didn't notice the errant dentures until 10 days later. By that point, the poor lady had developed a debilitating spinal infection and was in need of 24-hour care. Well, it seems that fake teeth can do real damage.